libkse / libthr bugs?

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Fri Jun 27 00:02:26 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:41:28AM -0400, Mike Makonnen wrote:
> > Thread (GC:2) already on mutexq
> > Fatal error 'Illegal call from signal handler' at line 1347 in file
> > /nfs/freebsd/5.x/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0) Abort (core
> > dumped)
> >
> > Is this something you really need a stacktrace of?
>
> No. I was only interested in seeing if this caused the "Illigal call...."
> to go away.

Ok, that fortunate. If it was important, I would have to see if it
would change its relative priority and possibly reschedule my todo
list. Arun@ has done a lot on that front, but it needs more work to
be usable. The more complex the userland problems the more we need
a debugger.

> I have corresponded briefly with jdp, and from what he tells me there's
> something really wrong with signal handling in the kernel. I'm inclined to
> believe him because I've seen some really strange lockups that I can't seem to
> pin on libthr (even though it still needs some work). I welcome any attempt;
> however unrelated to libthr, to clean up signal handling there.

I'll keep it in mind. I probably don't have the time to look for
anything weird, but I might just happen to run into something...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net