libkse / libthr bugs?

Mike Makonnen mtm at identd.net
Thu Jun 26 23:41:31 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:17:06 -0700
Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net> wrote:

> No improvement:
>
>   :
> bar 98
> bar 99
> Thread (GC:2) already on mutexq
> Fatal error 'Illegal call from signal handler' at line 1347 in file
> /nfs/freebsd/5.x/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0) Abort (core
> dumped)
>
> Is this something you really need a stacktrace of?

No. I was only interested in seeing if this caused the "Illigal call...." to go
away.

> > > If it's expected to make a difference, I can grab them and try again.
> > > Just say the word...
> >
> > If you have the time/inclination. I'll grab them as well and see what
> > happens.
>
> I'll try that this weekend then.

I have corresponded briefly with jdp, and from what he tells me there's
something really wrong with signal handling in the kernel. I'm inclined to
believe him because I've seen some really strange lockups that I can't seem to
pin on libthr (even though it still needs some work). I welcome any attempt;
however unrelated to libthr, to clean up signal handling there.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm at identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9