libkse / libthr bugs?

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Thu Jun 26 13:36:29 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:32:02AM -0700, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> I written a small test case (see source below), which I've run against
> both libkse and libthr.  I'm using -CURRENT as of last Tuesday and
> running on a Dual Athlon MP 1.2 GHz (Tyan Thunder K7 motherboard).

On ia64 I get the following with libthr (libkse is not completely
ported yet):

% ./foo2 1000
[very long list of random "bar #"
 :
bar 999
bar 226
bar 244
Thread (_thread_initial:0) already on mutexq
Fatal error 'Illegal call from signal handler' at line 1347 in file /nfs/freebsd/5.x/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0)

The same happens with 100 threads. And the failure is one out of
5 runs or something less predictable. The 'F' you see comes from
"Fatal error" AFAICT.

Note that I don't have any of David's signal code patches applied.

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net