Implementing TLS: step 1

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Thu Jun 19 20:57:09 PDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:39:42PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> >
> > > Q2: Given that libthr has been ported to ia64, what needs to be done
> > >     to port libkse to ia64 (roughtly)?
> >
> > libpthread/arch/i386/include/ksd.h:
> > libpthread/arch/i386/include/atomic_ops.h
> > libpthread/arch/i386/include/pthread_md.h
> > libpthread/arch/i386/i386:
>
> No kernel code? Hmmm, looks like something that's worth giving a

I'm not too sure about the kernel code.  If you have KSEs
working for libthr, then I assume there is very little extra
kernel code needed.  You do need to have get_mcontext() and
set_mcontext() implemented in machdep.c, though.  It looks
like you do (although nothing is done with clear_ret in
get_mcontext()).

David, Julian, care to comment?