Implementing TLS: step 1

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Thu Jun 19 14:35:20 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:53:34PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > libthr will be the only threading library on ia64 in 5.2-R if libkse
> > is not ported before then. Given the current status libkse is simply
> > not a viable threading implementation for me to implement TLS in.
>
> Are you doing this on i386 or ia64?  i386 is our biggest
> base and should be the first target...  You will have other
> help here (davidxu, kan, myself) also.

As I mentioned earlier, I do ia64. I expect other people to work on
other patforms. I'm not pulling this wagon by myself. I have too
much ia64 specific work and cross-platform work on my plate to take
on more multi-platform work. There are enough i386 developers who
can help out with both i386 specific and MI code. The same holds
(to lesser extend) for sparc64. It should be clear by now that we
don't have a bucket of ia64 developers who can take over the care
for ia64 while I'm away from home...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net