NVIDIA and TLS

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Jun 17 15:09:07 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Gareth Hughes wrote:

> Terry Lambert wrote:

[a lot of stuff]

Gareth, thanks for puting up with us and showing considerable patience.
I think we can make an 'efficient (though possibly not quite the 1
instruction possible in a static linked linux binary) __thread
implimentation.

We can possibly do 1 instruction in the 1:1 library but that would leave
binary compatibility with the other libraries out the window.

I think that it is a pitty that the openGL ABI doesn't carry around a
'context' argument on all calls but it's not going to change and
we have to use what is there.

Julian