NVIDIA and TLS

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at mail.ru
Mon Jun 16 19:42:47 PDT 2003

<CC list trimmed>
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:23:15 -0700
Gareth Hughes <gareth at nvidia.com> wrote:

> To save you the trouble, I'll copy the relevant information out
> of Drepper's document (sections 3.4.2, 4.1.2, 4.2.2).

What on Earth gives you an idea I haven't read it several times already?
I'll spare you the trouble copying the code samples, please restrict
yourself to section numbers only if you feel so inclined.

> I don't see any segment register use there, do you?

You see functions calls, do you? Penalty choice #2 on my list.

 That's the
> implementation of the dynamic TLS access models on x86
> (specifically, the GNU variants, not the Sun variants).  You
> implement __tls_get_addr() however you need to.  Only the static
> access models require the use of %gs.

Here you go, penalty choice #1.

We are getting nowhere with this discussion. Sparing each others time by
terminating it does show some promise though.