mysql

Michael Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Sun Jun 8 12:21:00 PDT 2003

* Petri Helenius <pete at he.iki.fi> [030608 14:11]:
> Is there a preferred way / patchset to the Makefiles to build mysql with libkse?

Since libkse should be a drop-in replacement for libc_r, the easiest
thing to do is to rebuild your rtld with libmap support.  Then you can
build the mysql ports to link to libc_r as normal, and reroute the
linker to libkse at load time.  To do this:

* Add 'WITH_LIBMAP=yes' to /etc/make.conf
* Rebuild world (1)
* Create /etc/libmap.conf that looks like (2):

[mysqld]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
libc_r.so               libkse.so

[/usr/local/bin/mysqld]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
libc_r.so               libkse.so

* Repeat for any other apps you want to use libkse (3).
* Retart mysql.

Things to note:

(1) You only really need to rebuild rtld-elf, so a simple:

cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf ; make install

should work.  I never assume my source is in sync w/ my installed
world, though, so I just rebuild the whole thing to be safe.

(2) man libmap.conf shows the (rather simple) syntax for the file.
The only catch is that you need to specify the full pathname to the
binary being run through the runtime loader (thus the reason for [bin]
and [/path/to/bin] sections).  I find it easier to follow the premise
of the example in the man page: globally replace libc_r -> libkse (or
libthr) and only exclude those programs that absolutely need it.

(3) Obviously, when libkse gets renamed to libpthead you'll need to
fix the config file :)

--Mike