Some more on TLS

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Fri Jul 18 23:42:42 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:05:16PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > Gang,
> >
> > A quick test with our in-tree bits revealed:
> >
> > o  There's no compiler support for TLS on sparc64.
> That's not a problem yet..

I just noticed that alpha also doesn't have TLS support. The compiler
does not complain when it encounters the __thread keyword, but the
access sequences for both static and dynamic TLS are no different from
access sequences for (regular) global data.

obrien@

> I don't think our assembler has been updated for ages..

It's probably a good idea to upgrade binutils for other reasons as well.

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net