Rearranging kse mailbox

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Fri Jul 18 14:04:15 PDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:52:00PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > for TLS we need to ensure that the first few (actually, 1 but a couple
> > more can't hurt) entry in the KSE mailbox is available as a pointer to
> > the TLS. (on 386 at least). Marcel probablyt has more to say on the
> > topic.
>
> Good point. I forgot about TLS. I'll bump it up on my todo list.

I don't have teh TLS spec with me here..
I don't know if other architectures would make other requirements..

%gs on x86 'points' to a segment containing the KSE mailbox.
I'm not sure how we'd go on other architectures..
 maybe we end up doing it in reverse..
([TLS reg]->our_kse_mbox might be a pointer to the mailbox?)