ACE Proactor and libkse

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Jul 15 16:14:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:24:41PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> You can also build ACE so that it will use scope system
> threads when it wants (don't define ACE_LACKS_THREAD_PROCESS_SCOPING
> in config-freebsd.h).

Should this become the default for config-freebsd.h, or should
we leave it alone?  I can submit a patch which does something like:

#if (__FreeBSD_version < 501102 /* or whatever value is appropriate */)
#define ACE_LACKS_THREAD_PROCESS_SCOPING
#endif

> Yeah, I knew that's why the proactor tests failed; I didn't
> ever bother to load the aio module to see if it would then
> pass.

The Proactor test now works, but it only works with libkse.
My patch was not signal related:

Mon Jul 14 11:16:25 2003  Craig Rodrigues <crodrigu at bbn.com>

        * ace/POSIX_Proactor.cpp: FreeBSD defines the sysconf value
          for _SC_AIO_LISTIO_MAX to 16, and the sysconf value for
          _SC_AIO_MAX to be 1024.  The lower value must be assigned to
          aiocb_list_max_size_ otherwise aio_suspend() will fail.  There
          was already already some logic in here to support HPUX that also
          works for FreeBSD, so use that.

> It could be.  Signals are mostly done; there are a few changes
> that David will be checking in really soon that should leave just
> one issue with signals and sigwait() which we are not sure about.

OK, that's very nice!  At what point will the signal support
be good enough to comply with POSIX Real-time signals?

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org