ACE Proactor and libkse

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Jul 15 10:50:35 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 07:51:49PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > >                               libkse       libc_r
> > >   ACE 5.3.1 Test               Pass?        Pass?
> > >   ------------------------------------------------
> > >   Cached_Conn_Test             No           No
> > >   Conn_Test                    No           Yes
> > >   MT_Reactor_Timer_Test        No           Yes
> > >   Malloc_Test                  No           No
> > >   Proactor_Test                No           No
> > >   Proactor_Timer_Test          No           No

Hi,

I just contributed a patch to ACE which I believe fixes
the Proactor_Test under FreeBSD.  The Proactor_Test seems
to *only* work with with KSE, i.e. I specified that libkse
should be used in my /etc/libmap.conf.

If anyone is interested in trying this out, you can check out
the head of the ACE CVS repository by doing:

(0) Make sure that /etc/libmap.conf is configured to use libkse
(1) cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.ociweb.com:/cvs login
(2) (just press <Enter> when prompted for password)
(3) cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.ociweb.com:/cvs co ACE
(4) Set the environment ACE_ROOT environment variable to the root
    directory of where all the ACE files get extracted to
(5) Set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $ACE_ROOT/ace
(6) Create a file $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h with one line:
    #include "ace/config-freebsd.h"
(7) Create a file $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU with one line:
    include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_freebsd.GNU

(8) cd $ACE_ROOT; gmake
(9) cd $ACE_ROOT/tests ; run_tests.pl

What is the status of KSE + signals?  Signals seem to make a big difference
with the ACE Proactor.  The Proactor_Test seems to work with libkse,
but not libc_r, and I think it is due to signals.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org