AW: getpwnam + getpwnam_r + LinuxThreads port = deadlock

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Mon Jul 14 05:53:08 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Kai Mosebach wrote:

> I am having the same problems in my sapdb port, as mentioned in another
> mail. For me its also not this simple to simply switch to kse, because
> then
> other kse related problems occur.

Like what?  The -threads list is a good place to post these
problems.

> Wouldnt it be more "clean", to fix the issue in the linuxthreads
> implementation instead ? (For example many users might use linuxthreads
> for mysql compilation for example, not knowing what they await ...)

Have you tried sending the problem to the maintainer?
Our main concern is libthr and libkse stability for
5.2-release.  Eventually the ports system will learn
about our other thread libraries and will allow their
use in preference to linuxthreads.