LinuxThreads replacement

Mike Makonnen mtm at identd.net
Thu Jul 10 01:13:27 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:35:03AM +0200, Kai Mosebach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm, some kind of benchmark would be pretty interesting, thats right.
> But im not sure, whether its done by simply switching between the lib in
> the
> Libmap.conf, because sapdb consists of ~50 executables, which are
> startet from each other (for example, you have a service listener, which
> starts a dm-manager, and later on a database-kernel and so on ...), so i
> guess, that i have to whether 1) link libc_r or some nasty trick like
> that, or to create to binary versions.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

To begin with you should go to /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf and do a
make clean;  make depend && make -DWITH_LIBMAP && make install

Assuming, that whatever you're porting is NOT statically linked, then
all you have to do is edit /etc/libmap.conf; for example:
# global mappings
libc_r.so.5	libkse.so.1
libc_r.so	libkse.so

and then start the application. Any executables that are started
after that and are linked to libc_r, will instead link with
libkse. Then, you stop the database, and edit libmap.conf to
point to libthr. Then, startup the database.
For more information: man libmap.conf.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc