AW: LinuxThreads replacement

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Wed Jul 9 11:59:55 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Kai Mosebach wrote:
> Currently, im porting the SapDB (www.sapdb.org) to FreeBSD
> (www.komadev.de/sapdb), which makes heavy use of the lthreads, but
>
> 1.) isnt running stable on 5.1 (not sure whether its a lthreads problem)
> 2.) is not the fastest (i guess)
> 3.) has more (especially memory) overhead
>
> for example, for on database instance, there are about 80 (lthread)
> processes hanging around.
>
> So i thought of a simple complete recompiling.
>
> Would you more likely use libthr or libkse,
> as kse is not complete yet, isnt it ?

KSE seems to be working pretty well for me.  I'd suggest
giving it a try.  Once you compile with either libthr or
libkse, you can easily use the other library just by
copying one over the other or by using libmap.conf.
To date, both libthr and libkse can be drop-in replacements
for the other (and libc_r).

If you have problems getting SapDB to compile with
libthr or libkse, try libc_r (due to some autoconfig
and libtool assumptions, it may be easier to use libc_r).
Once you get it built with libc_r, you can drop-in
libthr or libkse for libc_r.