SMPing libpthread

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet1.pcnet.com
Thu Apr 24 20:07:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, David Xu wrote:

> I have put a patch to enable userland support SMP scheduling.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/libpthread_smp.diff
> The patch works on my SMP machine, but not fully tested,
> and I will work on idle kses stuffs. At least, it seems
> the SMP speed is not slower than UP. :-)

Cool, I just found the bug with scope process threads that was
causing Token_Strategy_Test to fail.  Now the 2 ACE tests that
were SIGBUS'ing (with scope system threads enabled) are now
running.  Only Token_Strategy_Test fails, but it is just an
expected result where some mean value is less than the stddev.

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/libpthread.diffs

I was willing to work on the idle KSEs; I was just asking
your opinion :-)  Feel free to tackle it though.

This is fun stuff :-)