libkse -> libpthreads

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 21 16:12:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Geoffrey C. Speicher wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Narvi wrote:
>
> > At least for the moment it is not clear that one of teh libraries is a
> > winner and will eliminate the other, so it would be evil to force people
>
> What's not clear about it?  libkse is a superset of the functionality
> of libthr.  Seems pretty straightforward to me that the long-term
> winner is libkse.

Uh, no, it's not that clear.  One is probably 30k lines of code smaller
which makes it less likely to have bugs.  They also have different
performance characteristics.  You could construct tests which demonstrated
better performance for different workloads on each.

I appreciate you trying to be informative on the list but please restrict
your comments to things that you are more intimately familiar with.  There
are enough other people leading casual observers astray.