libpthread patch

Alex Semenyaka alexs at ratmir.ru
Fri Apr 18 15:45:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:09:46PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Found it!  The library's version of sigaction was not allowing
> a signal handler for SIGCHLD to be installed; it was leftover
> from libc_r.

By the way, in this connection could somebody check my follow-up to
the PR bin/48856? I suggested a really small fix (3 lines in total)
to the current implementation of the signal(). With the current one
the call of signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN) still allows zombie to be born.
There are to places to fix actually, one is the standard libc and
second is the pthreads (that's why I am sending this message to
-threads as well). If that fix is bad somehow I would gladly receive
any explanations. Thanks!

							SY, Alex