libpthread patch

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet1.pcnet.com
Wed Apr 16 14:06:02 PDT 2003

There's a new patch available at:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/libpthread.diffs

This passes all the ACE tests that libc_r passes, with the
exception of Cached_Conn_Test.

It also seems to work with KDE, konqueror, kwrite, kmail, etc.
I don't have mozilla built (and am dreading trying to), but
it would be interesting to see if it works with that.

If no-one has any objections, I'd like to commit this
soon.  I'll let David review and comment to it first.

David, I didn't add critical regions to _thr_alloc() and
_thr_free().  I think that whenever they are used, we
are already in a critical region or operating on an upcall.