struct thread

Andrew R. Reiter arr at watson.org
Wed Apr 16 09:39:54 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Julian Elischer wrote:

:
:
:On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Jeff Roberson wrote:
:
:> Is td_last_kse necessary?  What about td_lastcpu?  They don't really seem
:> to be used.
:td_last_kse and td_last_cpu were used in some experimental cpu affinity
:code that I gave up on (i.e. ran out of time).
:The idea was that the system would attempt to first schedule
:the thread on teh cpu it was last on , and if not available, on teh kse
:that it last ran on. I never removed the items but was hoping that
:someone, seeing  the names there would feel tempted to
:implement affinity.. (Alfred mumbled about trying it).

Yea, I do remember Alfred offering up a patch that implemented affinity.
There was some debate on arch@ perhaps regarding it.

:
:>
:> Also, td_locks is unused, although it would be nice to have it
:> implemented.
:
:I think ithis is a jhb field
:
:>
:> td_sleeplocks should be ifdefed with WITNESS.
:
:ditto
:
:>