Scope system threads (was Re: PS_BLOCKED)

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet1.pcnet.com
Wed Apr 9 11:28:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:19:43AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > Did you look at my patches to see if there are any others that
> > should be submitted?
>
> I never saw your patches before, but from the looks of things,
> most of what you have I already incorporated in previous patches
> plus I have made a lot more fixes.  There are actually *TONS*
> of FreeBSD fixes in the latest ACE that are not in 5.2.
> I am only missing a few small things from your patch like -lkse.

Yep, I just downloaded 5.3.1.  Note that it isn't listed anywhere
I can see as 5.3.1, but if you pull down the beta version, that
seems to be 5.3.1.

> If you create a new patch based on the latest ACE, I'll see what I can
> do about getting it into the ACE cvs repository.

I built it just fine without modifying anything except -lkse.
You don't even need to change that if you just install libkse
as libc_r.so.5, but I'd rather test out libkse in small pieces
than to have kde blow up in my face :-).

> I should modify my instructions for building ACE, since they are not
> complete.
>
> To build ACE:
> - get ACE 5.3.1 from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html
> - extract the ACE package, everything will be under an ACE_wrappers
>   directory
> - set the ACE_ROOT environment variable to: {full path}/ACE_wrappers
> - create a file $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h with one line:
>
>   #include "ace/config-freebsd.h"

I just link config.h to config-freebsd.h.

> - create a file $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU with one line:
>
>   include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_freebsd.GNU

Same here.

> - cd $ACE_ROOT
> - gmake

And it all seems to build fine.