PS_BLOCKED

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet1.pcnet.com
Sun Apr 6 20:45:57 PDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, David Xu wrote:

It's so that the common code (called by both scope system
threads and scope process threads) can be the same.  I don't
want to have to add checks all over the place to see if the
KSE is bound to a thread or not.  Also, nanosleep doesn't
work well because you can't wake it up with a KSE mailbox
(kse_wakeup), plus there's a race condition if you try and
wake it up before it actually gets to the kernel to sleep.
The kse_wakeup() call is latched, so if it gets to the kernel
first, the next kse_release() will notice it.

> I think kse_release should be left alone.
> It should never return.

Actually, I think it should obey all the rules that system
calls do.  If the mailbox pointer is NULL, it returns
normally (after timing out or getting woken up); otherwise
an upcall is scheduled.