1:N threading

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Thu Apr 3 15:35:42 PST 2003

Daniel Eischen wrote:

> The patches are available:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/libpthread.diffs
>
> FYI, since this is a new mailing list, the above changes
> are meant to give libpthread M:N capability.
>
> I don't need testers; I have enough bugs that I know about
> to fix.

+	__asm__("movl %%gs, %0" : "=r" (id));
+	id >>= 3;
+	if (id - NLDT < 0)

There is a problem here, NLDT is kernel private and changes depending on
things like whether SMP is enabled or what the maximum number of cpus
is.

You're trying to find if its a local or global selector, right?
What you really want is bit 2 which tells you which it is.

#define ISLDT(s)        ((s)&SEL_LDT)   /* is it local or global */
#define SEL_LDT 4               /* local descriptor table */

Cheers,
-Peter
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com