HEADS UP: importing kyua into the base system

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 17 18:55:05 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:46:06AM -0700, Enji Cooper wrote:

> > On Mar 17, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Brooks Davis <brooks at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'll be importing kyua and it's dependency lutok into the base system
> > this week.  Integrating it into the FreeBSD build system will make it
> > available by default which is especially valuable on emerging
> > architectures were we aren't building packages yet (e.g. riscv).
>
> The adding kyua to the base system is news to me.
>
> Why isn???t the existing package just being modified to point to the FreeBSD repo fork, since jmmv@ no longer has a commit bit?

It will remain contributed software (and the port will remain for the
foreseeable future).  I hope that we'll see active development in the
FreeBSD forks and that we can use the port as a -devel version.

Importing it means that we'll build it for all FreeBSD platforms and
thus be able to run tests on any FreeBSD platform that supports C++
(currently all of them) rather than ones where we're building packages.

-- Brooks