atf-c++ vs GoogleTest vs share/mk

Enji Cooper (yaneurabeya) yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:05:20 UTC 2019

…

> I will look into how Googletest currently handles segfaults, etc, and raise that as a point of concern with the upstream project if need be, as I don’t know how exactly this is handled in exceptional cases.

One thing to note as well (to potentially adjust expectations for readers) is that Kyua handling ATF crashes and cleaning up requires a deeper understanding of the ATF interface in Kyua. It’s a best effort, e.g., if the program crashes while cleaning up, it can leave orphan directories behind or not fully clean up the system (I’ve seen this happen before and I have also triggered scenarios like this). This is to be expected, but I just wanted to be explicit about the fact that the interface does not aim for a perfect solution—it’s a good enough one for general cases.

This aligns with other test frameworks I’ve used in the past.

Cheers,
-Enji