Jenkins build is still unstable: FreeBSD_HEAD #564

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 29 18:45:20 UTC 2016

On 8/29/2016 11:38 AM, Julio Merino wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya)
> <yaneurabeya at gmail.com <mailto:yaneurabeya at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     > On Aug 29, 2016, at 11:20, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>     > Trust me, you're wasting your time, this is not the problem.  If it were
>     > then _nothing_ would compile from the /usr/bin/cc compiler.  It's only a
>     > problem with running the ATF tests which means it is likely storing the
>     > flags it is built with somewhere and reusing them.
>
>     Then it’s potentially this variable (from lib/atf/libatf-c/Makefile ):
>
>     CFLAGS+=        -DATF_BUILD_CFLAGS='"${_CFLAGS}”’
>
>     I’ll look through the Jenkins logs to confirm the CFLAGS that get
>     passed in to lib/atf.
>

> Yes. If we ought to not use any of those flags at run-time (and we
> should not, as Bryan pointed out), then yes, the problem is in the
> setting of ATF_BUILD_CFLAGS et. al.

Are there specific kinds of flags this is wanting to pickup and use
later? Such as -m or -f or -W?  If we can limit to what is wanted and
safe it might be better.  We can exclude
--sysroot/-isystem/-B/-L/-target as well but it isn't as trivial as it
seems since -isystem has a space after it.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery