Jenkins build is still unstable: FreeBSD_HEAD #564

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 29 17:59:38 UTC 2016

On 8/29/2016 10:58 AM, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 10:54:04 -0700, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>> On 8/29/2016 10:52 AM, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
>>> I guess the quickest way is boot that VM, cd to
>>> /usr/tests/lib/atf/libatf-c++ and run `kyua test atf_c++_test`
>>> However I am not sure this provides enough information because stuff
>>> under /usr/tests/lib/atf/libatf-c++ are all binary files.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I would like to know, should these -target, --sysroot and -B flages be
>>> given when compiling a normal program in a normal time?  In this test
>>> case, kyua just wanted to compile test.cpp which includes sstream, it's
>>> not during buildworld/buildkernel time, so files under /usr/obj
>>> should not be used.
>>
>> The flags are only passed in buildworld which uses a sysroot.  A direct
>> cd dir && make, will not use them.
>
> Does this mean that kyua should not include these flages while running
> tests ("test" here is "test to compile a .cpp file")?  If so, we might
> need to find out what affects kyua adding these flags.

They should not be present when running tests.  It sounds like the flags
are bleeding in during buildworld and getting stored permanently
somewhere as the place to look for headers rather than /usr/include.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery