CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=amd64-gcc fails to build after clang 3.6.0 import

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 31 19:48:44 UTC 2015

On 31 Mar 2015, at 21:38, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Dimitry Andric <dim at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 31 Mar 2015, at 20:13, Dimitry Andric <dim at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>> but then:
>>>
>>> + patch
>>> Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
>>> The text leading up to this was:
>>> --------------------------
>>> |===================================================================
>>> |--- contrib/libc++/include/type_traits (revision 280762)
>>> --------------------------
>>> Patching file contrib/libc++/include/type_traits using Plan A...
>>> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y]
>>> Hunk #1 succeeded at 842.
>>> Hunk #2 succeeded at 877.
>>> Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
>>> done
>>>
>>> E.g., it undoes the change to type_traits that was merged in the
>> subversion update.
>>

> OK, I undid the patch.  Now the clang and libc++ parts build, but I'm
> still getting problems building rescue:
>
> https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_external_toolchain_gcc/29/console

Hm, that is strange.  I have just completed a build with
amd64-xtoolchain-gcc, and apart from boot2, everything worked...

What does readelf say when you run it on the cat.lo file which is
complained about in the log?  And what happens if you delete it, and
restart the build?

-Dimitry