Failed to build with external toolchain

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 4 20:36:59 UTC 2015

On 04 Mar 2015, at 09:48, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Dimitry Andric <dim at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 03 Mar 2015, at 09:00, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> CXXFLAGS+= -D_LIBCPP_HAS_NO_ADVANCED_SFINAE
>>
>> to the make.conf file you use for building.
>>

> Thanks for the tip.  I added that to make.conf, but now
> I am getting a different error involving unknown compiler flags:
>
> https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_external_toolchain_gcc/13/console
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, this is due to a custom -mno-align-long-strings flag, which is only
supported by gcc in base.  I've conditionalized it in r279598, so please
try again after that.  You will also need this patch I just posted to
freebsd-current [1] for libnv: gcc reports the same error about an
ambiguous operator<< for one of its ATF tests.

-Dimitry

[1] https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2015-March/054935.html