FreeBSD Jenkins build

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 7 13:17:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Johannes Jost Meixner <xmj at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> Mark Linimon said you'd be the person to contact to, in this case, so
> here goes!

I'm not sure why you contacted Mark Linimon about freebsd-testing issues.
He has not been involved with the freebsd-testing efforts in any way.

> I'm subscribed to the testing@ list,

Good.  That's the best place to start.

> How do I help with the FreeBSD Jenkins instance?

What specifically do you want to do?

What would be helpful is to have more people who can code (or are willing
to learn)
in Java and Groovy, to fix the Jenkins infrastructure so that it works
better on FreeBSD.

For example, this patch that Michael Zhilin provided to Jenkins is spot-on
for the type of help that we need:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2015-June/001037.html

Another type of help we need is looking at fixing the code in FreeBSD to
have less
warnings when compiled with gcc:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2015-May/000988.html
Marcelo Araujo has been contributing solid fixes in that area.

Another area of help which would be useful would be to figure out if we can
use
the Jenkins plugin for Phabricator, which is being used at Uber:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2015-May/000955.html

There are lots of areas to help out in.  It just depends on what skills you
have, and what time/motivation
you have to spend on things.

--
Craig