Coverity and jenkins

Pedro Giffuni pfg at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 12 02:42:58 UTC 2015

Hello;

I have been looking at how Coverity works and apparently there is a bunch of features that we are not using.

- it looks like one can define tests and the Coverity test advisor will check if the code that was recently changed is exercised by some test.
- Coverity will also know who committed the code and send the new warnings directly to the committer.

It would be interesting to check the Jenkins coverity plugin:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Coverity+Plugin <https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Coverity+Plugin>

While here, we should also run builds on i386 as that should have good performance and should point out portability issues .. I would think it’s just a matter of using the same bhyve configuration on an i386 image (I know … probably easier said than done ;) ).

In any case, huge thanks for keeping jenkins running!

Pedro.