scan-build and Jenkins

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 11 15:48:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> - "Multiple SCMs" plugin is used, for check out both scan-build scripts
>   and source being checked
> - scan-build is build from LLVM & Clang trunk, which are also checked out
> by
>   multiple SCMs plugin and built when job triggered.  This is designed
>   by uqs@ at the beginning because we want to use the latest tool to
>   eliminate false results.

Thanks, this was the part I was not sure about.
I will look at the Jenkins job to see how to build scan-build.
Where did you find out the steps to build scan-build?

Since you are building LLVM & Clang from trunk, does that
mean you are using the trunk version of Clang to build FreeBSD as well,
or do you just run scan-build to run the static analysis without building
the FreeBSD source tree?

--
Craig