Adding FreeBSD/arm64 Jenkins build / QEMU job

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 17 06:26:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:57 AM, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:
> As of Andrew's bug fixes earlier today (r281556 et al) we can build
> FreeBSD/arm64 in SVN HEAD (targeting QEMU). Because the in-tree GNU ld
> 2.17.50 does not support AArch64 we rely on having the
> aarch64-binutils port or package installed. Other than that arm64
> builds with the standard in-tree Clang/LLVM tool chain.
>
> As an example I've started a local build using the Jenkins build1.sh
> script from https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ci with:
>
> % WORKSPACE=/tank/scratch MAKE_CONF_FILE="TARGET=arm64" sh
> ~/src/freebsd-ci/scripts/build/build1.sh
>
> Can we add this as a Jenkins job? We can later extend it to build and
> boot an image in QEMU and run Kyua tests but just having the build job
> is a nice start.

I've just done one:

https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/

The build step is quite straightforward:

https://github.com/freebsd/jenkins-config/blob/db9c27cc6460f68278c42ece9d6574028c26a211/jobs/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/config.xml#L44-L48

Is this what you want?  If so, we can also set this build to mail
results to freebsd-arm list.

--
Li-Wen Hsu
http://lwhsu.org