atf_check() equivalent to test individual shell functions?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sun Oct 19 12:24:36 UTC 2014

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> Julio Merino <jmmv at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Fabian Keil
> > <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> > > Here's another zogftw-related problem.
> >
> > What's zogftw?
>
> The program I'm writing tests for:
> http://www.fabiankeil.de/gehacktes/zogftw/

FYI, sysutils/zogftw 2014-09-19 comes with a bunch of ATF test
cases, the port optionally executes them before packaging:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/gehacktes/zogftw/#tests

With the help of Redports this has prevented a bug that affected
8.4 and 9.2 (which I don't use myself) from making it into the
final release:
https://www.redports.org/~fk/20140919190307-42924-246115/zogftw-0.0.2014.09.19.log

Debugging this was a bit painful due to lack of shell access and DTrace,
but obviously having a user debug this after the release would have been
painful, too.

Currently most of the system binaries zogftw relies are only mocked,
but I intend to look into optionally using the real ones in the
future.

Fabian