help on testing for FreeBSD...

NGie Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:46:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg at funkthat.com> wrote:
> Garrett Cooper wrote this message on Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 17:25 -0700:
>> Hey jmg@ (-testing CCed)!
>
> Sure, np...
>
>> On Oct 15, 2014, at 17:15, John-Mark Gurney <jmg at funkthat.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm working on testing parts of OpenCrypto.  I have committed some work
>> > to p4 at:
>> > https://p4db.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/opencrypto/tests/sys/opencrypto&HIDEDEL=NO
>> >
>> > But it requires a few files to be installed...  I'm not sure where the
>> > best location to install these are and now best to install them?
>>
>> I have a couple questions:
>> - Where would the source live in the tree?
>
> Which source are you talking about?  The python source? or the source
> for the input data files?  If you mean the later, it's where they will
> be committed...  They are taken from NIST's CAVP program unchanged...
> I COULD possibly write a complicated rules to fetch and extract the
> files, but decided not to...

The bulk majority of the driver source (.c, .h, etc).

>> - Why are they written in python?
>
> Because I'm too lazy to write code in C...  I had already written
> framework code in Python, and C doesn't have a standard function to
> decode hex.. :)  And error handling it much easier in python...

I ask because we don't have a means for doing unittest level execution
right now and not being written in something that's in base or
installed automatically (perl for instance) would mean that your test
code wouldn't be run by default on jenkins runs.

>> Also, the .pyc files shouldn?t be committed to head (saw that they were checked in to p4).
>
> Thanks for pointing that out... problems of p4 add *...  I've removed
> them...

Np!