Call for Help: openjdk8 tests under Continuous Integration

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 28 19:32:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Brian Gardner <openjdk at getsnappy.com>
wrote:

> Hi Craig,
> I've have some scripts setup.  The jtreg produces an xml file for each
> jtreg test and a browsable html structure.  The process is made up a two
> scripts that aren't very robust at the moment.  The first script starts up
> poudriere jail with the testport -I openjdk8 options, copies the second
> script and jtreg into the jail, executes it inside the jail, then shuts
> down the jail.  The second script just executes jtreg for each subsystem
> within openjdk that has tests with the appropriate arguments.
>
> I might need to modify the scripts depending on how we integrate them into
> Jenkins.  Is there somewhere I should commit these too?  What are the next
> steps to integrating them?

Thanks for working on this.
I think that the XML output you posted looks like JUnit XML,
so this will make it a lot easier to integrate into Jenkins.

If you are familiar with how to fork a github repo and do a pull request,
then the next steps would be:

(1)  Fork the https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ci repo.
(2)  Make a directory in this repo:  scripts/java
(3)  Put your scripts in that directory  (make sure that all your files
have
       a copyright, preferably 2-clause BSD), and commit and push to github.
(4)  Do a pull request

We can then integrate that into the main freebsd/freebsd-ci repository,
and do the final work of integrating into Jenkins.

--
Craig