Documentation testing and textproc/igor

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Nov 23 23:58:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>
> We only saw a private test version at BSDCan, so there was no official version to monitor.  But the reaction was very positive.  I was skeptical that it would be useful, but the
> test version surprised me.
>
> As far as the messages, igor is currently only including the generic error and not the specifics.  The XML has message="wrap long line" rather than
>
>   wrap long line:        <systemitem class="ipaddress">10.0.0.138</systemitem>. The[ ]router's
>
> It would be helpful to have the rest of the specifics added, if I can that without messing up the XML output.  I understand if we might want to wait on that until the rest is up
> and working. :)
>
> I don't understand the sentence that you wrote.  What are
> the action items left to finish off igor and get it working with Jenkins?
> Who is responsible for doing the work?
>
> It looks like you and Li-Wen are both looking at each other
> waiting for the other person to do some work, without telling
> the other person.  BSDCan happened 6 months ago,
> so if this isn't a big deal to fix, I'd like to see the final bits
> of this completed so that we can have a working Jenkins igor job
> that is useful to the freebsd-doc@ team.

As far as I know, igor checkstyle output works now.  I would like to
expand on that later, but it can wait for the basic Jenkins doc test to
be completed.  If changes to igor are needed, possibly to silence those
checkstyle warnings, please let me know.  Beyond that, the Jenkins setup
is out of my hands.

I should point out that nothing formal was agreed at BSDCan.  We saw a
prototype of the Jenkins page using igor output and agreed that it would
be useful.