Adding Python Wrapper for ATF

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:45:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Walker, Myron <myron.walker at isilon.com> wrote:
> I have created a python wrapper atfpy-sh that will act as an atf program and wrap a python module that contains unittest test cases.  I have included a zip of the wrapper script and the man page for it.  I believe it will be very efficient to create python unittest test cases and debug them in an full IDE environment like eclipse and PyDev on any linux or unix desktop system against shared libraries that are common between operating systems.  Then just add them to the FreeBSD source tree as ATF wrapped tests once they are fully operational tests.
>
> See the attached zip for the atfpy-sh script, manpage, and an example unittest python module.  I was putting it under contrib/atf/atfpy-sh and adding a Makefile under usr.bin/atf/atfpy-sh to copy atfpy-sh to /usr/bin.  Then just stick the test file in a folder under /user/tests, modify the Kyuafile for the folder and it should work.
>
> I think this would make a great addition to ATF.  I would really like to be able to use it.

Hi Myron,
    I think the attachment was stripped from the email. You might want
to contact Alan Somers about his unittest backend for Kyua [1] and
when it might be included in the devel/kyua-testers port; Julio
manages the upstream source [2].
HTH!
-Garrett

1. http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2013-November/000107.html