[PATCH v2] convert /bin/sh tests over to ATF
jmmv at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 2 21:14:51 UTC 2014
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:02 AM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Here's the next patch for converting bin/sh/tests over to ATF. I've tried to incorporate all input from folks about simplifying the integration scripts and removing valid_osreldate functionality.
Apologies for the really long delay... I suppose nothing has changed
given that there were no replies to this. Soooo, some more comments:
* Could functional_test be created with ATF_TESTS_SH ?
* Rename the script in subversion to functional_test.sh (including the
* Do NOT cd out of the current work directory in functional_test,
anywhere. This breaks all the assumptions in tests regarding the
ability to write to the current work directory without caring about
* Use atf_get_srcdir to locate where the data files are, not dirname $0.
* Continue to use SUBDIR, not ATF_TESTS_SUBDIRS. The latter does not exist.
* Reintroduce $FreeBSD$ to functional_test.sh.
* The empty Makefiles in all the subdirectories are quite confusing.
At the very least, explicitly define TESTSDIR as is customary
* I'm still afraid of all this "auto-discovery" of test cases based on
files, because it is quite confusing... but at least it's now a bit
more self-contained and easier to strip out later. So we could keep
* The FILES must continue to be installed. Does this actually work
when running your test programs after a "make install"?
More information about the freebsd-testing