libvirt and bhyve problems

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 17 08:40:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Roman Bogorodskiy <novel at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I have updated the port:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/libvirt_port2.tgz
>
> Changes are:
>
>  * added RUN_DEPENDS on dnsmasq (required for networking)
>  * added installation on network definition files

Hi,

dnsmasq needs to be in BUILD_DEPENDS
*and* RUN_DEPENDS for this port.

I did a test on my system where I deleted the dnsmasq port,
and then built the libvirt port.  During the configure stage of this port,
the #define DNSMASQ variable is expanded and written to a config.h.

If the dnsmasq port is not around during the build stage of  the libvirt port,
then this variable is not expanded properly, and when the libvirt port
is fully built, running libvirtd will not start dnsmasq, because the path
to dnsmasq was not written properly to config.h.

--
Craig