Missing atf-check output: example:failing_test -> failed: atf-check failed; see the output of the test for details

Julio Merino jmmv at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 28 21:18:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Fabian Keil
> <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:
>> Not showing test failures on the cli by default seems like a strange
>> design decision to me, but I guess I'll get used to it or write a
>> wrapper script that calls kyua debug for all tests.

Test failures are shown on the CLI by default. What is not shown is
the output of the test cases. It'd be too verbose and would prevent
having any sense of progress of the execution.

Making it an option to display the output during "make test" is a
reasonable request but it's also non-trivial at the moment. Feel free
to file a feature request for this.

> I don't recommend calling "kyua debug" for all tests.  The best
> approach is to run "kyua test; kyua report-html <options>".  The HTML
> report will show you the full stdout and stderr output of each failing
> test case.

We should actually just make "kyua report" show the stdout and stderr,
and this is easier to do. Having to resort to report-html is... just
ugly.

I just haven't thought about a UI for it.  Maybe "kyua report
--show-output [test cases]" would be good enough?