Need input on preference on location of 3rd party tests vs FreeBSD tests

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 07:11:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,
   One of the things that I've done on my fork of FreeBSD is I've imported ATF test suites from NetBSD and I have integrated existing test suites from freebsd's tools/regression tree into Kyua as well. Due to the size and difference in test content/coverage, I pulled lib/libc and lib/msun from bother sources and integrated them into Kyua. What I did was I put the netbsd testcases into the tests/ subdirectory and put the FreeBSD test suites into a tests/legacy subdirectory. The goal was that the legacy directory would eventually be converted over to atf testcases and then could be removed once the conversion was complete.
   I'm not sure if this scheme makes sense though. Does anyone have a preference as to whether or not this makes sense?
Thanks!
-Garrett