Makefile.inc1.patch

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:32:31 UTC 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 23, 2014, at 1:11 PM, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> In that case, I'm missing something.  I can't find any makefiles that
>>> reference MK_ATF or a related variable.  What is the effect of setting
>>> WITH_ATF ?
>>>
>>> -Alan
>>
>>        NO_TESTS forces WITHOUT_TESTS to be set. So, if I set NO_TESTS in the various build steps it will force ATF to not be built. For that reason (and that reason alone) I reintroduced WITH_ATF just for Makefile.inc1 (but you could replace it with something else like WITH_ATF_LIBS, etc, if the naming is too confusing).
>> Thanks!
>> -Garrett
>
> I get that much, but what I don't understand is what direct affect
> WITH_ATF has.  Did you forget to reintroduce a ".if defined(MK_ATF)"
> in some other file?

No, the purpose of WITH_ATF is to override NO_TESTS, so building the ATF libs now has two conditions:

build_atf_libs = (is WITH_ATF defined?) && (is WITHOUT_TESTS defined?)

versus one:

build_atf_libs = (is WITHOUT_TESTS defined?)

This allows us pepper NO_TESTS around and thus not build tests in the build process unless they’re _really_ needed (e.g. in make everything).

Thanks!
-Garrett