Makefile.inc1.patch

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 20:53:37 UTC 2014

On Jan 22, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 22, 2014, at 7:42, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>   The attached patch fixes/enhances the build so -DNO_TESTS is passed properly through various sections of the build that don't require tests in order to build/install. This should also fix Alan's recent reported issue with -DWITH_TESTS failing on amd64.
>>> Cheers!
>>> -Garrett
>>
>> The patch doesn't work for me.  I get the following error during
>> buildworld during stage 4.4.

> Oh yeah... It's that chicken and egg issue due to ATF now being controlled by MK_TESTS==yes... There's more to this patch I need to provide you in order for things to work...

	Here’s the working patch. The difference between this one and the prior version is that you have to explicitly override -DNO_TESTS when building lib/atf* (Simon: do you have any comments?):

-.if ${MK_TESTS} != "no"
+.if defined(WITH_ATF) || ${MK_TESTS} != "no"
+# Make sure WITH_ATF overrules -DNO_TESTS
+.if !defined(WITH_ATF)
+MAKE+=		-DWITH_ATF
+.endif

	I unrolled most of the local changes to Makefile.inc1 on my github fork so it’ll be easier to spot if you diff it against my tree.
Thanks!
-Garrett