March 13: Jenkins and BHyve presentation

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 25 00:23:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will be giving a talk discussing what I have done
> settings up Jenkins ( https://jenkins.freebsd.org )
> in the FreeBSD cluster, using BHyve VM's:
>
> The presentation will be on March 13 in Mountain View, California, U.S.A.:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/BAFUG-Bay-Area-FreeBSD-User-Group/events/167325932/
>
> If you think you can come, please RSVP on the Meetup site, so that
> the organizers can get a big enough room.
>
> I am interested in collaborating with FreeBSD hackers who can
> contribute to the effort and help expand testing of FreeBSD!!

Hi,

For those who cannot attend the meetup in Mountain View, California,
U.S.A., I will post a link to the slides after the presentation.
I am not sure if video/webcast will be available.

I have given a similar presentation at the 2013 FreeBSD Vendor Summit
describing the use of Jenkins in the FreeNAS project, so you can look at
this to get an idea:

http://www.ixsystems.com/whats-new/jenkins-bhyve-and-webdriver-continuous-integration-testing-on-freenas/

However, my presentation on March 13 will be focused on
how I set up https://jenkins.freebsd.org

If you cannot make the March 13 meetup, I will be giving
a similar presentation on May 17 at BSDCan:

http://www.bsdcan.org/2014/schedule/events/445.en.html

and on May 15 there will be a working group where we will discuss
how to expand Continuous Testing in the FreeBSD project:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/201405DevSummit

Hope to see folks at one of these events, so we can do some
interesting collaboration!
--
Craig