Jenkins plus Kyua integration discussion

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:34:42 UTC 2014

On Feb 22, 2014, at 5:35 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not going to be going to BSDCan this year, but there's a strong chance
>> that someone from EMC Isilon who's interested might be, and Julio might be
>> as well.
>>

> Please forward the info along to anyone you know
> at EMC Isilon (or wherever).  The more people contributing to this effort,
> the better off FreeBSD will be in the long term.
> I want to keep the discussion out in the open on
> the freebsd-testing mailing list.

Benno Rice is a good public point of contact for FreeBSD at EMC/Isilon. He wouldn’t be doing the work to integrate/use ATF/Kyua, but he might be able to put you in touch with someone who could.

>> Have members from the FreeBSD Foundation (Glen Barber, George Nevill-Neil,
>> etc) been engaged with this work?
>>

> No.  At the FreeBSD Vendor Summit in Nov. 2013, Ed Maste
> saw some stuff I had done with Jenkins, and had expressed some interest
> in getting this running in the FreeBSD cluster, but I haven't talked to
> him since then.  Glen Barber and Sean Bruno have helped a bit
> from the Cluster Administration perspective in terms of allocating hardware
> for the effort.

Hmmm… they need to be engaged eventually because the build system doesn’t build tests by default, and it would be nice if tests were installable via a tarball in bsdinstall (it’s not really today), but this is something that probably should be in a side-thread.

>>> I've exchanged a few e-mails with Julian about this, but
>>> would like to open up discussion to the wider freebsd-testing community.
>>
>> Is "Julian" Julian Elischer perhaps?
>>

> No, sorry, I spelled his name wrong, I meant to say that I exchanged
> a few mails with Julio Merino, not Julian.

Ah, ok!

Thank you :)!
-Garrett