Best place to learn how to write tests which work under kyua?

Julio Merino jmmv at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 7 02:28:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Julio Merino <jmmv at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>

>> What kind of text would help you most? A step-by-step tutorial maybe?
>> Big parts of the process may be tied to the build system you use
>> though, and I only know the BSD build systems and Automake/autoconf...
>

> I need a step-by-step tutorial for how to write a Kyuafile.  I am
> not going to be using any of the FreeBSD Makefile infrastructure
> for running tests, so I don't need that info.  I am going to be
> migrating some existing tests into a form that can be run under kyua,
> so that I can do: "kyua report-junit".
>
> In future, where is the central source for kyua documentation going to live?

The authoritative documentation is in the manual pages, but that's
more of a reference manual than an introduction. Introductory text and
assorted articles should either be in the project's wiki or linked
from it.

> I see docs are scattered across:
>

> http://wiki.netbsd.org/kyua/
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/TestingFreeBSD
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/TestSuite
> https://github.com/jmmv/kyua/wiki

I have started collecting a list in the wiki, including the links you
provided and others. I have some plans that will make things simpler
and in turn will make the process of documentation easier, but details
on those will come once I have cut a new release (hopefully this
week). I'm also long overdue in writing a from-scratch tutorial, which
is much necessary.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to shoot questions at kyua-discuss@