Coverity scans on Jenkins

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 20 21:14:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 17:11:20 +0200, Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 07:52:15 -0700, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > So do I need a special account to get the scripts and coverity binaries
> > > uploaded?
> > >
> > > I know we use LDAP now at the cluster, but I've never set up a password,
> > > how would I do that?
> >
> > We ( jenkins-admin at freebsd.org ) will need to set up a new VM
> > for you inside the FreeBSD cluster, and work with the clusteradm at freebsd.org
> > team to do it.
> >
> > To set your LDAP password, you need to follow these instructions:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/kerberos-ldap.html
> >

> > > A new VM might be easier, as it requires special setup with the coverity
> > > binaries and curl, etc.
> >
> > We have been setting up multiple VM's running in bhyve inside the FreeBSD
> > cluster and it has worked out very well in terms of performance:
> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins/#Setup_notes
> >

> > Li-Wen, can you take the lead on this item?  Can you add a task item
> > on http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins ?  We should set up
> > a new VM, scan.freebsd.org, and have the Coverity binaries plus
> > your clang-scan build running in that VM.  I can help you with setting up
> > the VM.
>
> A shared VM sounds good to me! I would need zsh, vim, tmux, curl on that
> box. The clang stuff needs a webserver and fdupes would be helpful.
>
> Oh, it should be a -CURRENT machine, so that buildworld of head doesn't
> break every other week :/

OK, I've added two items on http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins .  And I'll
follow https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins/#Setup_notes to setup a -CURRENT
VM for scan.FreeBSD.org on the same host of jenkins.FreeBSD.org , or do
you suggest better place to host new VM?

Cheers,
Li-Wen

--
Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at FreeBSD.org>