Coverity scans on Jenkins

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 17 14:52:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs at freebsd.org> wrote:
> So do I need a special account to get the scripts and coverity binaries
> uploaded?
>
> I know we use LDAP now at the cluster, but I've never set up a password,
> how would I do that?

We ( jenkins-admin at freebsd.org ) will need to set up a new VM
for you inside the FreeBSD cluster, and work with the clusteradm at freebsd.org
team to do it.

To set your LDAP password, you need to follow these instructions:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/kerberos-ldap.html

> A new VM might be easier, as it requires special setup with the coverity
> binaries and curl, etc.

We have been setting up multiple VM's running in bhyve inside the FreeBSD
cluster and it has worked out very well in terms of performance:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins/#Setup_notes

Li-Wen, can you take the lead on this item?  Can you add a task item
on http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins ?  We should set up
a new VM, scan.freebsd.org, and have the Coverity binaries plus
your clang-scan build running in that VM.  I can help you with setting up
the VM.

--
Craig