Getting rid of the ATF tools

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 21:06:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

> gcooper> A couple things:
> gcooper> 1. I don't mind if you unwind my work a bit. It is what it is
> and I'm not really invested in it anymore other than it helps me get
> my job done today. I've lost interest in pushing this into FreeBSD
> because I have better things to do than fight bikeshedders and wait
> for hell to freeze over.
> gcooper> 2. Please move the OptionalObsoleteFiles.inc entries
> [re]moved to ObsoleteFiles.inc as they need to be removed from systems
> running CURRENT that have installed atf in the past (like my VM for
> instance). There aren't many people using ATF I suspect, but for those
> of us that are, it would be nice if the files were yanked completely.
> gcooper> 3. Please put in the needed bits for generating Kyuafiles in
> atf.test.mk.

A couple other things come to mind:
1. I have integrated in the ATF unittests from NetBSD and they're
working on my branch; they'll need to be updated to pull those
files/directories.
2. It might be a good idea to add an UPDATING entry.
3. It might be a good idea to add more files to prune to
contrib/atf/FREEBSD-Xlist so svn checkouts are smaller.
4. It might be a good idea to update to 0.18 before doing this work
(or in parallel). I did that weeks ago on my git branch, and it's
checked into master:
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/freebsd/commits/master/contrib/atf .
Cheers!